Charlotte Tilbury just released some exclusive holiday goodies on her site. Among them is a few limited edition lipsticks in American Sweetheart & English Beauty. I love Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks so I grabbed both. There was a red as well but I have enough reds I never wear so I skipped that one.
American Sweetheart—Details per Charlotte Tilbury:
Darlings, discover a lip look for every city! My K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in American Sweetheart is a naturally tawny pink lipstick in a moisturizing finish. This creamy, buildable formula is perfect for adding a polished look to your makeup look.
WHAT MAKES K.I.S.S.I.N.G LIPSTICK MAGIC:
• Perfect, full, kissable lips really do grow on trees!
• The Lipstick Tree protects your lips from UV damage & oxidative stress to leave them soft, soothed & hydrated.
• Light-diffusing pigments gives your lips a multi-dimensional finish to leave them look full-bodied and luminous.
• The blend of waxes glides over your lips for a rich, buildable colour.
• Ideal for a moisturizing, pink lipstick perfect for everyday wear.
I reviewed the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. formula HERE. It’s a creamy hydrating pigmented lipstick. I adore this formula. American Sweetheart is a warm creamy deeper pink nude. This is very warm, much warmer than I expected. I was hoping this was going to be similar to the discontinued Confession lipstick also described as a tawny nude. As you can see in swatches below this is much warmer and pinker than Confession. It wasn’t my favorite shade. I prefer Confession more.
English Beauty–Details per Charlotte Tilbury:
Darlings, discover a lip look for every city! My Matte Revolution Lipstick in English Beauty is a pretty, naturally nude pink matte lipstick. This wearable, modern matte finish is perfect to dress up with a smokey eye or for everyday wear.
WHAT MAKES MATTE REVOLUTION LIPSTICK MAGIC:
• Younger, healthier looking lips can be yours with this formula!
• Antioxidant Lipstick Tree extracts with soothing orchid help to soften, protect and hydrate your lips.
• Revolutionary, square, angled tip mimics the shape of a lip brush for a precise application.
• 3D glowing pigments will help create the illusion of lit-from-within lips.
• Ideal for buildable, long-lasting matte finish lipstick.
I love the Matte Revolution formula. It’s my favorite comfort matte. I reviewed the formula HERE. English Beauty is the closest I’ve gotten in the matte formula to my perfect nude. Super Cindy is too warm. Pillow Talk is too deep and brown. Very Victoria is too cool and brown. I’ve been just waiting for this perfect light pink nude in the formula, as well as the KISSING formula.
English Beauty applies out of the bullet like the perfect light pink nude. Then it set to a deeper cooler pink shade. More of a light cool rose. I notice these matte shades tend to seem lighter and warmer on application then they set down five minutes later to a slightly deeper and cooler tone. While the shade is very similar once it sets it can change the entire feel of the lipstick. Ultimately English Beauty sets to a cooler neutral rose pink. It’s a lovely shade and my favorite of the Matte Revolution nude bunch to date. It’s just not what I thought it was going to be when I first swiped it on.
Left to Right–American Sweetheart, English Beauty:
Top to Bottom–Charlotte Tilbury Very Victoria, English Beauty, Pillow Talk, American Sweetheart, Confession: