Cle de Peau Beaute just launched a new line of lipstick simply called Lipstick. Described as A luxurious lipstick with petal-shaped tip that envelopes lips in ultra-vibrant, luminous HD color and rich lasting moisture. Leaves a silk, semi-matte finish lasting for 8 hours for youthfully smooth, full-looking lips. Packaged in a perfectly weighted lacquer case for smooth and easy application.
The case for this new line of lipstick is a shiny luxe deep navy with blue shimmers. It has a gold brushed metal top with the engraved Cle de Peau logo. The shape of the bullets in this lipstick is a piece of art. It has this unique petal shaped curvy tip. This narrow shaped tip hugs your lips for a perfect application. This is the first Cle de Peau lipstick that’s not refillable. All their other ones are refillable. I love the case and shape, it truly is nice just to stare at it. You won’t want to mess it up.
- Delivers ultra vibrant HD color with Light Reflection Technology which has unique Translucent Pigments that reflect colors instead of absorbing them like typical color agents do.
- Light Focusing Oil, Lip Forming Powder and RS Pigment corrects the look of unevenness and wrinkles while adding shine and a smooth look.
- Contouring Powder and Inner Lighting Powder add a look of dimension and translucence to lips.
- Premium Argan Tree Oil and Illuminating Hydro-Wrap Complex help deliver moisturizing benefits to lips.
- Water Holding Oil with a moisture retaining effect helps create a smooth, creamy texture that feels divine on lips.
- Provides a long-lasting finish for up to 8 hours.
- Delivers lasting moisture for up to 4 hours.
- Scented with an exquisite rose fragrance.
The formula is creamy, lightly hydrating with a satin finish. It has a medium pigmentation with no shimmer. It’s not full coverage because you can wear it a bit sheerer to let some lip color peek through. It’s not a sheer lipstick by any means. It’s very comfortable to wear. It feels lush and creamy on the lips. It also manages to feel lightweight as well. It lasts maybe two hours before fading on me. If you’re eating or drinking it’ll wear off like any light hydrating creamy formula. This will transfer to your cup. The rose scent is very minimal and not bothersome and it has no discernible taste.
I grabbed shades 1 Bamboo(right) & 2 Silk Scroll(left).
Bamboo is a medium cooler mauve lilac nude pink. It could be considered a nude for some skin tones. It wasn’t too light to wash me out nor too cool and purple. It was a bit too cool for my liking however it’s no where near a true purple by any means. It still has this nude feel to it. Silk Scroll is a classic light warm caramel nude. This nude is not too light for my light medium warm skin tone. It has some warmth but it’s not too yellow or orange toned for a caramel nude. Silk Scroll is a perfect light warm nude if that’s your thing.
This is a luxury lipstick and does not come cheap at $65 a tube. I did notice it wasn’t hydrating when worn all day. This was one of those creamy lipsticks that dried my lips out some by the end of the day. My lips felt hydrated while the lipstick was on, but as it wore off I got that dry feeling. Some creamy lipsticks are hydrating when they wear off, for some reason this one is not. It’s not a big deal or very noticeable, but when you’re paying $65 for a lipstick you pay attention to the smaller details.
Overall, I prefer a warm pink nude in general so while both of these shades weren’t my cup of tea, they’re very nice nude shades that will work for a lot of people. It feels like a luxury lipstick with it’s super creamy texture.
Top Bamboo, Bottom Silk Scroll:
Top to Bottom–MAC Fleur de Force, Cle de Peau Bamboo & Silk Scroll, Charlotte Tilbury Penelope Pink, Zelens Nude Beige, Tom Ford Scandola: