You’ve already heard me profess my love for the Beauty Heroes subscription box. It’s an amazing way to try green beauty brands. I’ve been into green beauty for years. I’ll have to talk about how I grew up one day and you’ll see why. I really love mixing it with clinical and medical grade brands, Korean skincare and pretty much anything else that meets my standards. I think every genre and niche of skincare has something to offer. That’s one of the reasons I love trying these green beauty subscriptions because it really gives you the chance to try out some great brands you have never heard of or wanted to try but haven’t gotten around to it yet. This month’s May box features OSEA Malibu.
After a long search and much scrubbing, we finally found a body polish that deserves Hero product status. Introducing Undaria Body Polish, OSEA’s uniquely creamy, seaweed-based body scrub that exfoliates, remineralizes and plumps the appearance of skin, all at once.
Equal parts cream and gel, this month’s Sidekick, Ocean Cleanser, effectively removes makeup and buildup and rinses away clean, leaving behind nothing but the appearance of balanced, replenished skin.
I’ve been a fan of OSEA Malibu for years. I actually made my first post about them in 2014 HERE. They have some really great products. I’m a huge fan of their Ocean Lotion. It’s one of my all time favorite body lotions. The May Beauty Heroes box introduces us to Undaria Body Polish. I’ve tried quite a bit by OSEA but this is one I have not tried yet. Details per OSEA:
A luxurious fine-grain body scrub that gently exfoliates for smooth, radiant, polished skin. A blend of Acai, Pumice and Guarana powders delicately buffs away dead skin cells while luscious Hemp & Passion Fruit oils + Organic Algae soften and deeply hydrate. Skin is left perfectly smooth, soft and supple. Lavender Essential Oil transports for a sensorial experience.
- Undaria Pinnatifida Extract a brown marine algae rich in iodine, iron, potassium, calcium and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12. Contains Fucoidan, a particularly hydrating compound that promotes a youthful, plump appearance. Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while also minimizing the appearance of surface redness.
- Acai Pulp Oil (Euterpe Oleracea) rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants. Deeply hydrates, firms and plumps dry skin.
- Guarana (Paullinia Cupana) Seed Powder helps tighten and tone skin and reduces the visible signs of cellulite.
- Hemp (Cannabis Sativa) Seed Oil rich in essential fatty acids, antioxidants and amino acids. Balances skin’s moisture levels, decreases dryness and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) Oil renowned for its sweet aroma and relaxing and balancing properties. A natural skin soother.
- Passion Fruit (Passiflora Edulis) Seed Oil loaded with vitamins A & C and essential fatty acids. Hydrates, helps promote a firm, youthful appearance and protects against environmental aggressors.
This has a really light creamy whipped texture. The scrub is unique as its not from the typical sugar or salt granules. The exfoliation comes from really fine ground pumice stone. It’s not harsh at all, it just gives a nice light polish. This also has chunkier brown organic looking matter in it. I’m guessing it’s seaweed. I love the unique creamy texture for this scrub. The brown algae does make a huge mess in my shower. This scrub leaves my skin hydrated, lightly buffed and exfoliated. The only thing I really dislike about it is the really strong essential oil scent. It smells very strongly of lavender oil. Lavender is also very high on the inci list so that makes sense. If you’re sensitive to essential oils at all this might not work out for you. I’m able to use it up because it’s for my body and not on my face. Unfortunately it did not beat out my beloved shower scrub I normally use and I would not repurchase. I think it’s unique, just not for me.
Aqua, Sorbitan Olivate, *Glycerin, Pumice, *Undaria Pinnatifida, *Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, *Chlorella Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, *Gigartina Skottsbergii Extract, *Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Powder, *Paullinia Cupana (Guarana) Seed Powder, Resveratrol, *Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, *Lessonia Nigrescens, *Salicornia Europaea, *Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, *Passiflora Edulis (Passion Fruit) Seed Oil, *Oryza Sativa (Rice Bran) Oil, *Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Pulp Oil, *Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil, *Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium Extract, Lonicera Japonica Extract, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid
The sidekick is the Ocean Cleanser. Details per OSEA:
This mineral-rich Organic Seaweed gel cleanser effectively removes excess oil and surface impurities from skin while maintaining a hydrated, healthy looking complexion. Vegan Lactic Acid (derived from beets) gently exfoliates to visibly minimize pores. Hints of Lime, Cypress, Juniper and Jasmine essential oils energize skin and awaken the senses. Organic Seaweed deeply hydrates, leaving skin feeling balanced, refreshed and radiant.
- Algae Extract contains potent vitamins and minerals. Hydrates dry skin and reinforces the appearance of a healthy, balanced, moisture-rich complexion.
- Cypress (Cupressus Sempervirens) Oil balances oily skin and diminishes the appearance of blemishes. Contains several antioxidant compounds.
- Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Seed Oil plumps fine lines and wrinkles for a youthful, refined complexion. Rich in vitamin E.
- Juniper (Juniperus Communis) Leaf Essential Oil decongests surface impurities and helps promote clear looking skin.
- Lactic Acid (derived from fermented beet) a gentle skin exfoliant that nourishes sensitive, dry skin.
I’ve actually already used a whole bottle of this in the past. It’s a creamy gel textured cleanser with algae and lactic acid. I loved the texture of this cleanser, it’s not drying and it has a light citrus scent. It just kind of burned my skin when I used it around my nose. I don’t know if it was the lactic acid or the citrus oils. I used up my whole bottle a few years back but I have not repurchased it due to that reason.
Aqua,*Algae Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Sorbitan Olivate, *Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), *Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, *Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, *Juniperus Communis (Juniper) Fruit Oil, *Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) Seed Oil, *Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Glycine, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorophyll Extract
This box may have not been my favorite to date by Beauty Heroes. You always gotta have an off month in these subscription boxes. That’s just the way it works. These just weren’t my favorite products by OSEA. There are definitely a few others that I think shine more from the line. There’s a new Hyaluronic Sea Serum that looks amazing. The Eyes & Lips is also a great hydrating eye cream. The Eye Gel & Vitamin Sea Serum are both fabulous. The Sea Vitamin Boost and Ocean Lotion are my top two picks from the brand. The Undaria Algae Oil is also a really good and affordable body oil. All of OSEA’s products are packaged in glass so they look very luxe in your bathroom. Let me know if you guys have tried anything by OSEA Malibu. What are your favorites?
Subscribe to Beauty Heroes HERE.