I’ve been a fan of the UK natural skincare brand OSKIA for some time. I’ve tried most their stuff by now. Their Renaissance Brightlight serum launched last year. Details below per OSKIA:
INTENSIVE PIGMENTATION & DARK SPOT SERUM
With Glutathione, Arbutin, 2 types of Vitamin C including Stay C-50, Sulforaphane from Swiss Cress Liposomes, MSM, Niacinamide, Zinc Glycinate, Passionfruit & Grape AHAs, Pumpkin & Papaya enzymes, Fermented Mineral Polypeptide Mix, Prebiotics.
An intensive daily correcting serum clinically proven to combat hyper-pigmentation, fade dark spots and repair sun damage, formulated with a unique encapsulated blend of bio-available actives & nutrients that act deep down to even out skin tone and ensure a visibly brighter, illuminated complexion.
- Reduces melanin content by 14% in 28 days*
- Contains 13 brightening actives
- Reduces all forms of over-active melanin production, from melasma to dark spots
- Increases radiance, brightens and illuminates
- Evens skin tone
Targets Melanin Production in Five Different Ways
- Melanocytes, melanin-producing cells located in the bottom layer of the skin’s epidermis, naturally move upwards. BrightLight slows down this process of ‘melanin transfer’.
- It breaks down the process of melanin production in melanocytes. It does this by inhibiting both tyrosinase and a-MSH – the enzyme and peptide-hormone responsible for melanin production. a-MSH is triggered by hormones, while tyrosinase is trigged by both hormones and UV (both artificial and natural).
- Melanin that is already present on the skin is exfoliated away thanks to the inclusion of pumpkin & papaya enzymes and passionfruit & grape AHAs.
- Reduces free-radical and inflammatory induced pigmentation (caused by acne and scaring).
- Binds copper to prevents its use in melanin production.
The serum is a thin orange colored liquid. It has particles suspended in it-so you need to shake it before use. This serum has a light to medium floral scent. It absorbs quickly with no sticky or oily feel. The glass bottle has a dropper style dispenser and is 30ml in size. I experienced no adverse effects like breakouts or stinging while using. This is suitable for all skin types. The retail varies on where you buy it from. It’s $140 on Net-A-Porter or around $93 from UK retailer Beauty Bay.
So does it work? Yes. It’s packed full of so many wonderful things like AHAs, MSM and essential oils, plus it works. It lightened my brown spots significantly without harsher lighteners like hydroquinones. This one is also pregnancy safe because it doesn’t have hydroquinone. I would absolutely repurchase. My only wish is that it came in a pump versus the dropper style bottle. I hate dropper bottles as a personal preference, however that’s not a good enough reason not to buy it as it’s quite good. If you’re looking for a brightening serum that’s not harsh, full of natural ingredients, pregnancy safe and works-this is for you.
Full Ingredient List
Aqua (Water), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C Phosphate), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Zinc Glycinate, Arbutin, Glutathione, Lepidium Sativum (Cress) Sprout Extract, Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Fruit Ferment Filtrate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Palmitate), Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Maltodextrin, Lecithin, Passiflora Edulis (Passion) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Rhodinols (Natural Rhodinol), Inulin, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Cymbopogon Martini (Organic Palmarosa) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena (Organic Rose) Flower Oil, Linolenic/Linoleic Acid, Cinnamomum Camphora Linalooliferum (Ho) Wood Oil, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Pelargonium Graveolens (Organic Bourbon Geranium) Oil, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Jojoba Esters, Juniperus Mexicana (Cedar) Wood Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Organic Clove) Bud Oil, Phenethyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin,
Sodium Bisulfite, Disodium EDTA, Alcohol, Alcohol denat., Phenoxyethanol*, Citronellol**, Geraniol**,
Linalool**, Eugenol**, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)
* We do not use phenoxyethanol as a seperate preservative. It is found as a component of one of our actives.
** Natural component of essential oils