I’m always a sucker for the new Charlotte Tilbury new launches. Recently there was a new Hollywood Collection. With a few new contour and highlight items as well as the liquid lipstick. I grabbed the Hollywood Beauty Light Wand and Hollywood Lips.
Hollywood Beauty Light Wand an Instant mega-watt Hollywood highlight. Details per Charlotte Tilbury:
Darlings, get a real life real result Hollywood highlight! My Hollywood Beauty Light Wand is inspired by the digitally-remastered tricks of Hollywood & the flawless filters of social media. This dreamy rose gold highlighter flatters all skin tones!
WHAT MAKES MY HOLLYWOOD BEAUTY LIGHT WAND MAGIC:
• I wanted to bottle the Beauty Light effects from the Hollywood red carpet!
• Treated pearls boost brightening & highlighting to give a luminous complexion with a soft-focused finish, with light reflecting particles for a natural glow.
• Oleogel gives a high gloss, bright, highlighted effect with no visible glitters so it looks as good in daylight as it does in HD!
• Rose gold pigments mimic the soft, natural hue of the beauty light whilst the silver light reflectors intensify the result for a flawless finish
• Easy cushion applicator is a soft cushion pad that dispenses product evenly onto cheekbones, making it super blendable and easy to use.
Directions To use, apply the highlighter wand on your cheekbones, down the centre of your nose, in the inner corners of your eyes & browbone, then buff in using the Hollywood Complexion Brush.
Charlotte’s Tip Use this highlighter wand with the Hollywood Contour Wand for an HD-finish to your makeup.
This has the coolest packaging. It’s a squeeze tube with a round medium sized sponge tip applicator. This has a dial you twist it ‘on’ or ‘off’. Off allows no product to pass through, On–you get the picture. You can squeeze too much through at once so go slow. This is a fluid liquid highlighter. It’s sheer enough to not be frosty, pigmented enough to be more than just a hint of sparkle. You can easily layer it for more intensity. This dries down to a non-sticky or greasy finish that lasts quite well actually.
The color is a shimmery, but not glittery, light rose gold. It’s more like a rose champagne. The color works well on my light medium skin tone. It shows up without being too pale nor frosty or overpowering. I love that it can go from intense to subtle with some easy layering. This does what it promises. It’s natural, blends with ease and is easy to use. You can swipe or dot and blend. This has quickly become a favorite and something I’m reaching for quite a bit lately.
I did not grab a contour shade as to be honest I’m so over the whole contour thing. If it’s anything like this one, it should be a good one if you like contouring. It’s just not for me.
Hollywood Lips a Matte Contour Liquid Lipstick. I grabbed Charlotte Darling and Best Actress. Details per Charlotte Tilbury:
Darlings, contour your lips in one single swipe for a fuller, velvety soft Hollywood pout! My Hollywood Lips has all the anti-aging ingredients you need to create high impact colour with a second skin feel. This buildable, shade glides on seamlessly like a gloss yet feels completely weightless – like lingerie for your lips!
Charlotte Darling This shade is a creamy beige nude, my personal Hollywood shade.
Best Actress This shade is a soft, creamy nude brown, ideal for everyday glamour.
WHAT MAKES HOLLYWOOD LIPS MAGIC:
· Weightless, long-lasting formula
· Beeswax protects your lips against drying out – providing nourishment & a comfortable feel
· Anti-ageing sea lavender, hyaluronic acid & collagen boosting actives slowing down signs of ageing for smooth, plump lips
· Buildable formula can be dialed up from a soft matte look to a gorgeous, pigmented lip without caking or cracking
· Hug applicator to bottom lip to cover completely and use the thinner tip to define and trace your upper lip to cheat a wider top lip. Crescent applicator mimics the natural curve of your lips for a contour effect.
1. To use, start by applying the Lip Cheat lip liner in Iconic Nude, begin in the upper corner of your top lip and apply slightly over your natural lip line to create the illusion of a fuller, wider pout.
2. Apply the Hollywood Lips lipstick using the crescent-shaped applicator to fill in your lower lip, then the thinner part to precisely define your upper lip.
Charlotte’s Tip: Get the full Hollywood glamour look by using the matte liquid lipstick with the Hollywood Contour Wands & Beauty Light Wands for a perfectly sculpted Hollywood makeup look.
I am normally not a liquid lipstick lover. I’ve stayed away from them for years just never liked the matte liquid finish. I always found it drying. I had to try Charlotte Tilbury’s as it was Charlotte Tilbury. Plus there has been advances in liquid lipsticks in the last few years. So I grabbed two to try. I started with Charlotte Darling a creamy matte pinked beige nude. I will say this shade goes on almost scary orange beige then transforms into a lovely light medium warm beige pink nude. I grabbed Best Actress after seeing Beauty Professor’s review which made it look a touch pink in the photos. This shade is brown. Far form being a pink brown of any sort. It’s maybe a medium warm nude brown.
The packaging is slim with a unique curve lip hugging tip. You are able to apply precisely with this sponge tip applicator. Start light applying this formula. It’s easy to apply too much and cake it on. Use less than what comes out. I scraped about half off the wand and that seemed perfect for a opaque application. The finish is matte. The coverage is opaque. This lasts quite a long time as expected.
This was a lightweight liquid matte. At first it feels like nothing is on my lips. It wasn’t dry and I thought I had found the perfect nude pink liquid matte lipstick in Charlotte Darling. I was wrong. After a few hours of wear it dried my lips out. Adding more product to make up for the normal wear off just made it drier and kind of flaky. You had to fully remove this a few times during the day and reapply to keep it looking fresh. I find that pretty typical of most liquid matte lipstick products.
This was a very comfortable liquid matte lipstick. Compared to what I’ve tried this lightweight formula is more flexible and less drying than others. This was best applied lightly not in a heavy handed fashion. However, it was still drying, and had all the negatives of a liquid matte lipstick for me. I was not a big fan. I would love to see Charlotte Darling in the Matte Revolution formula. That would be killer.