The NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate has been on my list to try for a while and then I ended up with three bottles from my Caroline Hirons x Cult Beauty box last winter and the two Black Friday sets I bought. All Deciem drama aside as I’m still going to use up my stash I paid for and then go from there. Details per NIOD:
A hyper-concentrated bio-serum for the eye contour, FECC combines 28 clinical technologies to target many signs of under-eye and above-eye aging in one treatment—borrowing from advanced biotechnology, polyphenol technology, next-generation cyclic peptide technologies, marine science and modern drone delivery mechanics. This single treatment is able to target visible aging (both upper eyelids and lower eyelids) including the looks of dynamic lines, static lines, fine superficial under-eye lines (those not targeted by SNARE-target injections), loss of elasticity (especially upper-eyelids), dark circles, puffiness and textural unevenness with positive visible results starting within 3 days and improving into 8 weeks with continued use.
FECC contains 28 complex approaches to fight visible aging of the eye contour. This abstract highlights the most novel of these approaches.
Directions Apply in the eye area, including upper eyelids, both AM and PM.
HA AND COLLAGEN TECHNOLOGIES
- Fibroblast Drone Perhaps a most advanced skin technology available, this suspension contains extraordinary capsules that secure a pro-HA peptide within a polymer core that is surrounded by a Heptapeptide to specifically bind to targets before release, exponentiating delivery and effectiveness to an accuracy level previously impossible. No technology today delivers the visible filling activity of this truly complex system to support Hyaluronic Acid.
- Bio-Yeast HA Pre-Cursor (also found in NIOD MMHC) Contains oligomers of acetylated glucuronic acid derived from biofermentation acting as HA precursors.
- Methyl-Glucoside-6-Phosphate (MG6P) Perhaps one of the most advanced peptide complex technologies of today, this active improves the looks of firmness, density and elasticity in 11 days or less.
- Enzyme-Reacted Glucosamine Amide HA Pre-Cursor (also found in NIOD MMHC) Highly advanced compound is derived by enzymatic phosphorylation of N-acetyl-glucosamine through a green chemistry process acting as a secondary precursor of HA.
- Full-Spectrum Fractions of Nature-Identical Hyaluronic AcidNot to be mistaken for any form of hyaluronic acid—low- or high- molecular weight—these two forms of actual fractions of hyaluronic acid—not salts of hyaluronic acid used in nearly every topical HA product for a different purpose—these two technologies offer both short- and long-term visible filling of the looks of wrinkles while improving the look of elasticity.
- Darutoside Complex A plant-technology bio-derivative offers improvement in the looks of both upper- and lower-eyelid elasticity while reducing the appearance of folds in the upper eyelids specifically—an area previously not targeted by topical technologies.
- Neuron Drone This second drone technology encapsulates the well-studied Palmitoyl Hexapeptide, highly-effective against the look of expression lines, within a polymer layer that is then surrounded by a Palmitoyl Heptapeptide to behave like a drone for specific binding to targets, reducing peptide wastage by 90% as a direct result of this specific targeting mechanism.
- SNAP-25 Pentapeptide-18 Complex The next-generation of the famed technology, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (commonly known as Argireline), extends this peptide with a novel Pentapeptide-18 to reduce the signs of expression lines developed by extensive small-twitch muscle contractions, offering a 100% further efficacy index over Argireline alone.
- Novel Arginine-Sustained Acetyl-Hexapeptide-30 A more advanced form of this modern peptide which was the first-ever to fight signs of ageing as a result of facial expressions.
UNEVEN PIGMENTATION TECHNOLOGIES
- Marigold/Yeast Ferment Bio-Complex This biotechnology has shown up to a 94% positive response in reducing both the look of dark circles and feelings of sensitivity.
- Bio-Tech Superoxide Dismutase Hydrolyzed Peptide Complex This complex offers indirect inclusion of SOD, the body’s own most important oxyradical fighting mechanism, in a first-ever stable form.
- Oleuropein Zinc Salt Bio Complex It was until recently thought that inefficient circulatory mechanisms around the eyes are the only cause of dark circles—other than the shadows created by hollowness defined by bone and fat structures. However, it has now been shown that imbalanced melanin formation also contributes to dark circles. To address this issue, typical skin-lightening technologies cannot be used since the objective is to balance and even the pigmentation and not lighten the skin just under the eye areas on a continuing basis. This superb polyphenol complex rebalances the look of skin pigmentation to its natural state. This approach does not target melanocyte function or melanin, allowing ongoing use without possibility of unintended visible lightening.
FLUID RETENTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Angiotensin I Converting Enzyme (ACE) Target Tetrapeptide A complex peptide system, this technology reduces the look of under-eye puffiness within 15 days with continued use.
- Silanetriol-Delivery Vitamin F Complex Fast-acting plant-silicone delivery technology reduces the look of puffiness and, as a positive side effect, reduces the look of discolouration under the eyes.
- Algae-Harvested Sulphated Polysaccharides One of the most advanced form of marine technology today, this complex improves the look of resiliency and reduces the look of puffiness simultaneously through shared mechanisms of action.
- Hyaluronic Acid Oligomer Truly a most unique approach that uses a form of hyaluronic acid—which is ordinarily used to lubricate the skin—instead conditioned to algin with visible renewal without the inflammation and irritation associated with low-pH acids and other forms of peeling. (Side note: one of the very unique side observations about this technology is that its stability is entirely from its extremely small size that disallows outside interaction with it.)
I’m not going to get into NIOD’s technology or specific ingredients on this. Their stuff is so complex to read sometimes. This eye serum contains peptides galore, 2 forms of vitamin C to brighten, niacinamide, hydrators, antioxidant Superoxide Dismutase & quite a few other things as you can see. The texture is very fluid, slightly thicker than water. So as you can imagine it absorbs very quickly and easily. It layers well & there’s no scent I can discern. This is supposed to fix pretty much every eye issue-dark circles, lines, wrinkles, puffiness and skin firmness/texture.
So does it work? Yes. It felt slow to start for results and I wasn’t sure I was noticing any changes while using this product. It was once this bottle ran out and I stopped using it that I noticed. Two weeks after stopping this my eyes looked worse. I find stopping a product after using it for 6-8 weeks is the best way to see what it really does for you. NIOD FECC had improved my lines, dark circles (almost nothing helps my dark circles too so that’s well worth noting) and my eye area was firmer & tighter. I loved how light in texture & easy this is to layer. I did have to use a hydrating cream on top of this. This is my serum or treatment, not my moisture product.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Yeast Extract, Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract, Niacinamide, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5, Decapeptide-22, Oligopeptide-78, Palmitoyl Decapeptide-21, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-52, Zinc Palmitoyl Nonapeptide-14, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-50, Pentapeptide-18, Acetyl Hexapeptide-30, Heptapeptide-15 Palmitate, Palmitoyl Heptapeptide-18, S-Mu-Conotoxin CnIIIc Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Darutoside, Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside, Gallyl Glucoside, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Zinc PCA, Methylglucoside Phosphate, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Copper Lysinate/Prolinate, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Superoxide Dismutase, Escin, Ascorbic Acid, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Polyglucuronic Acid, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Fraxinus Excelsior Bark Extract, Olea Europaea Leaf Extract, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Arginine, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Lecithin, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Xanthan Gum, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silanetriol, Sodium Dextran Sulfate, Sorbitol, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Citric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Lactic Acid/Glycolic Acid Copolymer, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Polyvinyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propyl Gallate, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenylpropanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.