I briefly talked about this when I over-viewed the Blue Diamond line here. This is a pricey, luxury face serum. I used this as my night serum. This has a light scent with a thicker fluid texture. It’s a hydrating style serum. It has a liquid texture with an ever so slight light blue/clear color. The scent is very light and non offensive like all Omorovicza stuff.
The Blue Diamond Concentrate described per Omorovicza’s website: “The Blue Diamond Concentrate restores the luminous vibrancy of young skin. An innovative form of hyaluronic acid provides an instant lift, and watercress polysaccharides, known as arabino-galactans, accelerate the transfer of oxygen from cell to cell for more energetic fibroblasts and greater radiance.” This retails for $410 for a 1.02 fl oz.
While the bottle is a heavy frosty blue glass with a nice dropper and it looks luxury, I hate the dropper bottle. It exposes the ingredients to air every day when I open it, which can cause degradation of those expensive ingredients. With a serum this pricey I would much prefer an airless pump or the same glass bottle with pumps they use for their regular serums.
The Key Benefits:
- Diamond Peptides: Sirtuin-like peptides are grafted to multifaceted diamonds and transported to skin cells. Acting on a timed release, this innovative peptide compound promotes DNA repair while combating the effects of cellular stress and prolongs the healthy life of skin cells.
- Arabinogalactans: This Nasturtium-derivered polysaccharide accelerates the oxygenation of the skin and protects against hypoxic stress. It also re-energizes fibroblasts to brighten tone and smooth the complexion.
- Essential Amino Acid and Copper Compound: A combination of copper, essential amino acids and an anti-glycation phosphate promotes the synthesis of collagen and elastin. An advanced and patented delivery system ensures these ingredients are used by the cell in their intended combination for renewed firmness and elasticity.
- Natural polysaccharide provides an instant lifting effect while reducing wrinkle depth and giving the skin a natural radiance.
- Sodium Hyaluronate Fraction instantly lifts; this component improves skin’s elasticity and smoothness, while reducing the depth and appearance of wrinkles.
- Copper Gluconate regulates the production of sebum for a matte complexion.
The main ingredients: Hungarian Thermal Water, Hungarian Thermal Water Ferment Extract, Water, Pullulan, Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Methyl Glucoside Phosphate Proline Lysine Copper Complex, Fragrance, Tropaeolum Majus(Indian Cress) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Copper Gluconate, Diamond, Acetyl Pentapeptide.
So does the Blue Diamond Concentrate work? To some degree. It’s hydrating and feels nice on. My skin felt energized, smooth and healthier in general. Was it a miracle worker for my forehead lines? Nope. Didn’t really make that much difference in those. Would I rebuy it? Probably not. While it was nice, it’s just way too expensive for me to justify buying it again. Am I convinced diamonds actually help in skincare versus just driving up the price? Not really. I love Omorovicza, and it’s a nice hydrating serum, it’s just so pricey.